Need urgent help with iAtkos v5i with EVGA X58 SLI Mobo

alimn786

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have been trying to Install OSX 86 for weeks now (lots of sleepless nights and fights with wife) , I have tried all releases, right from retail leopard to iATKOS. Only iATKOSv5i has shown me some light at the end of the tunnel, for rest I don't even cross DVD Boot screen. But Now with iATKOS I can install OSX on my partitioned HD.

As I am totally new to this, I am not sure which packages to select on Installation screen and what kind of modifications to be done on BIOS.

My system is:

EVGA CHIPSET X58i (1366PINS-SND+Dual GIGA LAN) PCX SLOT Supports 3 Way SLi

INTEL CORE i7? 920 2.66Ghz(8MB CACHE - 4.8 GT/s)

GeForce PCX GTX 285 OC 1GB (512-BITS) DDR3 - Video Card

CORSAIR DOMINATOR DDR3 TRIKIT 3X6G-1600 (2GBX3) RECOMMENDED FOR INTEL CORE i7

WD 1000GB EADS CAVIAR GREEN (32 MB CACHEBFG TECH GeForce PCX 285 OC 1GB (512-BITS) DDR3

SONY DvDRW SATA 22X DL DRU-860S

Just FYI - I have researched a lot on different forums and tried all kind of combos for the packages. But still not successful.

have run CPUID and this is what I get

Processor: i7 920

Chipset:

Northbridge: Intel X58 rev.12

Southbridge: Intel 82801JR (ICH10R) rev. 00

Graphic Interface: PCI Express

and on internet I checked it says Intel® X58 Express Chipset, and also they say Intel X58 chipset with nVidia SLI technology. So I think it is Intel chipset

in System:

Mainboard Vendor: EVGA

Mainboard Model: 132-BL-E758

BIOS Vendor: Phoenix Technnologies Ltd

BIOS Version: 6.00 PG

BIOS Date: 01/16/2009

I hope this will help, just FYI if I change my BIOS from IDE to ACHI my DVD stop working, what should I do here?

Secondly, can you help me where I can find NATIVE or ENHANCED options on bios. I have also disabled my firewire as it was giving error.

I would really appreciate, if you can help me Install OSX on my PC. I also want to be part of this great experience.

Thank you,

Malik

Hi, I have been trying to Install OSX 86 for weeks now (lots of sleepless nights and fights with wife) , I have tried all releases, right from retail leopard to iATKOS. Only iATKOSv5i has shown me some light at the end of the tunnel, for rest I don't even cross DVD Boot screen. But Now with iATKOS I can install OSX on my partitioned HD. As I am totally new to this, I am not sure which packages to select on Installation screen and what kind of modifications to be done on BIOS. My system is: EVGA CHIPSET X58i (1366PINS-SND+Dual GIGA LAN) PCX SLOT Supports 3 Way SLi INTEL CORE i7? 920 2.66Ghz(8MB CACHE - 4.8 GT/s) GeForce PCX GTX 285 OC 1GB (512-BITS) DDR3 - Video Card CORSAIR DOMINATOR DDR3 TRIKIT 3X6G-1600 (2GBX3) RECOMMENDED FOR INTEL CORE i7 WD 1000GB EADS CAVIAR GREEN (32 MB CACHEBFG TECH GeForce PCX 285 OC 1GB (512-BITS) DDR3 SONY DvDRW SATA 22X DL DRU-860S Just FYI - I have researched a lot on different forums and tried all kind of combos for the packages. But still not successful. have run CPUID and this is what I get Processor: i7 920 Chipset: Northbridge: Intel X58 rev.12 Southbridge: Intel 82801JR (ICH10R) rev. 00 Graphic Interface: PCI Express and on internet I checked it says Intel® X58 Express Chipset, and also they say Intel X58 chipset with nVidia SLI technology. So I think it is Intel chipset in System: Mainboard Vendor: EVGA Mainboard Model: 132-BL-E758 BIOS Vendor: Phoenix Technnologies Ltd BIOS Version: 6.00 PG BIOS Date: 01/16/2009 I hope this will help, just FYI if I change my BIOS from IDE to ACHI my DVD stop working, what should I do here? Secondly, can you help me where I can find NATIVE or ENHANCED options on bios. I have also disabled my firewire as it was giving error. I would really appreciate, if you can help me Install OSX on my PC. I also want to be part of this great experience. Thank you, Malik