Presario CQ50-215NR

Changy123

2 posts in this topic

Ok so I am completely new to this "Hackintosh" biz

Before I begin this is what I have

I have a Presario CQ50-215NR Laptop

Originally came with 2GB Ram but I upgraded is with a 2GB gaming card from corsair so now it has 3GB of RAM

160gb Hard Drive

Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221

AMD Athalon Dual Core QL-60 Processor

Nvidia GeForce 8200M G

I downloaded iDeneb 1.4 and Burned it at 4x speed using Ultra ISO and here is my problem...

I CAN'T BOOT INTO THE INSTALLATION I SHUT DOWN MY LAPTOP, POWER IT ON AND WAIT FOR IT TO BOOT FROM THE CD BUT IT JUST SITS ON WHERE IT SAYS "LOADING DARWIN X86" AND IT JUST STAYS THERE AND NOTHING HAPPENS....PLEASE HELP ME, IS THERE SOMETHING THAT I HAVE TO DO TO GET IT TO BOOT? OR IS MY HARDWARE JUST NOT COMPATIBLE BECAUSE IF IT IS NOT, IT MAKES NO SENSE TO KEEP TRYING....I HAVE TRIED ENTERING F8 THEN -V ENTER AND NOTHING IT ALSO GETS STUCK ON LADING.... I DONT EVEN HEAR THE LAPTOP WORKING IT JUST SITS THERE IT DOESNT EVEN RESTART

PLEASE HELP

• 5 months later...

I have the same laptop and I readed in some forums that a user installed OS X from an external DVD unit and he had no problems. The other way is install the system on a separate PC and then clone the HDD image to the lap's HDD.

I haven't tried those options, because i'm downloading iDeneb 7 to test compatibility.

Tell us how it's goin' on.

(Excuse my english!)