Dell Inspiron 1525 Sleep Trick Not Working

1 post in this topic

Hi All

I just installed 10.5.6 with the Kalway 10.5.2 DVD and all the rest of the individual incremental upgrades.

After I reached 10.5.6 I also installed Chameleon V1.0.11 so that I could use the sleep trick where you place a dsdt.aml file into the Macintosh HD directory.

I have done this and it is still not working, I still have to wait for the screen to go black and then move my finger on the touchpad to get to the desktop....

Am I doing anything wrong or am I missing something?

Many thanks

Garry

These are the instructions I followed:

**This is for 10.5.6 users***

If you want to use it and are on anything other than 10.5.6 you will have to install chameleon and then follow my instructions.

Alright for those of you still reliant on the sleep trick and are constantly getting those annoying disappearing icons here is a guide for you to put an end to all of that.

1) Download my dsdt.aml and drop it in your “Macintosh HD” and “replace” the existing one.

2) Remove all traces of a sleep trick. I know some of you installed packages to get it working, simply uninstall them and get rid of any sleep corner. Once you restart you’ll be up and running like a regular mac. You’ll never have to log out and log back in or anything.

3) Cheer and leave me a comment if you got it working, and if not… well then leave me a comment and I’ll walk you through.