I need hand holding

subbacultcha

3 posts in this topic

I know that people hate others who don't search or try to find information on their own... only I've read through some stuff here and none of it is really helping (seems like a lot of it is tutorials for problems post-installation). I'm basically looking for a concise guide and help for my particular situation.

My computer specs are an EVGA 680i SLI mobo, Intel Q6600, and two 512mb 8800GTs in SLI.

My goal is to dual boot OSX and Windows XP (perhaps changing to Windows 7 in the future).

I've read a lot of stuff suggesting a bunch of different "versions" of OSXx86 to download and install... and I've read a lot of stuff of people saying one works while another doesn't... to prevent the future headache I'm just looking for someone to suggest what I need to download and install, and any other steps if any I'll need to perform post-install.

Thank you.

I know that people hate others who don't search or try to find information on their own... only I've read through some stuff here and none of it is really helping (seems like a lot of it is tutorials for problems post-installation). I'm basically looking for a concise guide and help for my particular situation.

My computer specs are an EVGA 680i SLI mobo, Intel Q6600, and two 512mb 8800GTs in SLI.

My goal is to dual boot OSX and Windows XP (perhaps changing to Windows 7 in the future).

I've read a lot of stuff suggesting a bunch of different "versions" of OSXx86 to download and install... and I've read a lot of stuff of people saying one works while another doesn't... to prevent the future headache I'm just looking for someone to suggest what I need to download and install, and any other steps if any I'll need to perform post-install.

Thank you.

Check out my Pre-Series 7 nForce chipset thread.....and my blog.......start by doublechecking your BIOS settings against the recommended settings for 680i....also here for running dual graphics cards under OS X....