XFX NV8600GT 256Mb Resolution problem

nantes

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I installed iPC_OSX 1.5.6 and I got a problem when I change the resolution to 1024x768 the screen turns blue, even after rebooting, so the only way to use the system is with -x safe mode. I tried installing the EFI string with EFIloader (I don't remember the exact name now) but the problem persists. Someone knows a solution?

Hello, I installed iPC_OSX 1.5.6 and I got a problem when I change the resolution to 1024x768 the screen turns blue, even after rebooting, so the only way to use the system is with -x safe mode. I tried installing the EFI string with EFIloader (I don't remember the exact name now) but the problem persists. Someone knows a solution?

Try switching your monitor cable connector to the other video port on your graphics card.......

I tried that, and it didn´t work :unsure: , I get a black screen, instead of a blue screen.

*It wasn´t efiloader, it was efistudio

Check here for EFI GFX strings walkthrough.....

It didn't work either. I did the instructions and I could start the pc normally, without the blue screen, but when I changed the resolution to 1024x768 the blue screen appeared again.

Have you confirmed that you have no injecter kext or kexts in /S/L/E such as NVinject, NVkush, or NVdarwin?

You could also try removing EFI strings and installing NVdarwin 1.2.5.......