Leopard on MSI AMETHYST-M - All Fails!

Lawlz

2 posts in this topic

Nothing I do works. And up to now I have at least 5 different distribution install DVD's. That's when you know its looking hopeless.

I have tried iPC, JaS, Kalyway, iDeneb v1.3, you name it I have tried it! I have a very fast connection so obtaining these releases are easy. Anyways, I have this all mighty error:

"Waiting for root device"

No method I know of has bypassed this. I have tried every single combonation with jumper switching, single drive, swaping etc etc even USB external harddirve (which gives that error only with more hex added).

I have been installing Mac OS X for friends and amazing them ever since Moo image came out. I have no clue what can make this work. I am assuming its a chipset complication leading to the install unable to initilize or find a root disk to mount. Now.. that could cause this? I went the farthest with JaS 10.4.8 AMD, and the install started up, took forever to install but once booting, it failed because the disk itself didnt install properly in the very end of it.

Here is what I can provide:

n69k68.jpg

x4f98m.jpg

155i53m.jpg

Any help I would appreciate beyond belief!

• 11 months later...
Nothing I do works. And up to now I have at least 5 different distribution install DVD's. That's when you know its looking hopeless.

I have tried iPC, JaS, Kalyway, iDeneb v1.3, you name it I have tried it! I have a very fast connection so obtaining these releases are easy. Anyways, I have this all mighty error:

"Waiting for root device"

No method I know of has bypassed this. I have tried every single combonation with jumper switching, single drive, swaping etc etc even USB external harddirve (which gives that error only with more hex added).

I have been installing Mac OS X for friends and amazing them ever since Moo image came out. I have no clue what can make this work. I am assuming its a chipset complication leading to the install unable to initilize or find a root disk to mount. Now.. that could cause this? I went the farthest with JaS 10.4.8 AMD, and the install started up, took forever to install but once booting, it failed because the disk itself didnt install properly in the very end of it.

Here is what I can provide:

n69k68.jpg

x4f98m.jpg

155i53m.jpg

Any help I would appreciate beyond belief!

Dear Lawlz,

Please install XxX 10.5.6 Universal, and install it with another DVD writer, not the one provided with the computer.

Filesystem - HFS+ Journal, case insensitive, MBR

Kernel - Voodoo 9.5.0 RC

Chipset - ATI_SB4X0_ATA_ANV

Ethernet - PCGeneric Realtek8139

Sound HDA Enabler with the fix (http://osx86.festiz.com/soundfix.zip)

Thanks!