Going For First Retail

iainstottlfc

2 posts in this topic

So i got iPC x86 installed using a vanilla kernel, audio, video the whole kit and kaboodle working, got it working pretty sweet. I then found my self using it more than i was Windows, put a bit of research in, and to be honest i think i can get it to work, so i ordered Retail OS X DVD today.

Now i think i understand what it takes and just need a bit of clarification.

I know the big advantage's are straight forward up-dating and owning the software, but

• Using EFI partiton to boot and having all your kexts loaded from there, does it make boot times quicker.
  • Kexts and the system as a whole easier to maintain drivers wise, if that makes any sense.
  • Can i multi-boot on same hard drive with retail install leopard and Vista/Seven using munkys method

Many thanks Iain

So i got iPC x86 installed using a vanilla kernel, audio, video the whole kit and kaboodle working, got it working pretty sweet. I then found my self using it more than i was Windows, put a bit of research in, and to be honest i think i can get it to work, so i ordered Retail OS X DVD today.

Now i think i understand what it takes and just need a bit of clarification.

I know the big advantage's are straight forward up-dating and owning the software, but

• Using EFI partiton to boot and having all your kexts loaded from there, does it make boot times quicker.
  • Kexts and the system as a whole easier to maintain drivers wise, if that makes any sense.
  • Can i multi-boot on same hard drive with retail install leopard and Vista/Seven using munkys method

Many thanks Iain

Posted in other account, specs are in sig.