iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 RANDOM CRASH ISSUE, ...please assist. (ASUS P5K)

brassmonk

1 post in this topic

Hello!

After many days of searching through the internet, I decided to adopt the OSX86 project by installing iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 on my PC. I must say that the installation process was very smooth and I got Leopard working pretty easy.

However, I'm looking forward to using serious music production apps so I need to be quite sure about my system's reliability. Therefore, I have been running iDeneb for 2 weeks and the only problem I have come across are RANDOM CRASHES in which my screen FREEZES and also becomes transparent grey on the top (1/3 of screen surface). The only thing I can do after that is reboot the system by pressing the pc's small reboot button beside the power button. I imagine that its a configuration issue so I will post my specs & iDeneb config during installation:

CPU: INTEL QUAD CORE 6600

MOBO: ASUS P5K

RAM: KINGSTON HYPER-X, 4x1G 1066 FSB DDR2

VIDEO: NVIDIA 8600

LEOPARD HD: WD RAPTOR 74G SATA II

During the installation, I configured iDeneb as follows:

LANGUAGE: ENG

CHIPSET: ICHX FIXED + JMICRON

APPLE BIOS: 800

AUDIO: ALC 883

KERNEL: DEFAULT

VIDEO: NVKUSH

LAN: ATTANSIC L1

APPS: ALL

I also configured my mobo's BIOS:

POWER MANAGEMENT: ACTIVATED

ACPI: ACTIVATED

There is also something strange in my "about this mac" list. Leopard seems to recognize my RAM as 800MHz although they are 1066:

Size: 1 GB

Type: DDR2 SDRAM

Speed: 800 MHz

I must admit that I am quite new in this although I have been and still am a Linux fan. I've been using windows XP only for music production apps but I need to change platform. I would like to make my pc run Leopard reliably.

Thanx!!!