Keys getting stuck

zhbrass

5 posts in this topic

I have a dell d630 running iatkos 10.5.5 (afraid to update to 10.5.6) and in general it works amazingly. However, I do find that when typing with the laptop's keyboard, a few issues happen a number of times:

a. Sometimes the keys don't register as pressed. I'm 100% sure it's not an issue with the keyboard itself, because i find it easier to type in my windows partition.

b. At least once or twice every startup, the numpad 7 key randomly registers as being held down. I'll be typing and then randomly777777 will appear. I'm sure its the numpad 7 and not the regular 7 because thats how it shows in the virtual keyboard viewer (from the international pref pane). I can fix it by pressing the num 7 in the virtual keyboard viewer, but it gets annoying. Anyone else have this problem specifically with the num 7 key?

c. Other keys that i type randomly register as being held down.

Any suggestions? New kexts?

• 1 month later...

I have the exact same issue, i found that if the keys you've registered as cmd or shift get stuck, you can press both at the same time and that will stop it from staying stuck, however... that didn't work last time it happened. :P

BTW, the keys that are usually getting stuck are:

7, cmd, shift, and recently [ and =

I also have 10.5.5 installed with iAtkos, so it's maybe something with that install...

I'm using a Compaq C768LA btw, the specs are pretty much the same as any C700 Compaq model

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Also, after the update to 10.5.7 the keys don't get stuck anymore. I've only had one case in which they got stock and it was really easy to get them unstuck.

Just pressed both keys at the same time (it was both CMD)

• 1 month later...