compaq presario CQ60-214DX help

signalpuppet

9 posts in this topic

so i'm new to this stuff guys but my friend just got a compaq presario CQ60-214DX from bb and he wants to put leopard on it since he can't stand vista, so i download ideneb v1.4 (10.5.6) but i can't seem to find what drivers i need to select when i get to Customize can any one help? here are the specs from hp

Product Name CQ60-214DX Product Number ZY531UA#ABA Microprocessor 2.16 GHz Intel Pentium Dual-Core Mobile Processor T3400 Microprocessor Cache 1MB L2 Cache Memory 2048MB Memory Max 4096MB Video Graphics Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M Video Memory Up to 797MB Hard Drive 160GB (5400RPM) Multimedia Drive SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support Display 15.6" Diagonal High Definition HP BrightView Display (1366x768) Fax/Modem High speed 56k modem Network Card Integrated 10/100 Ethernet LAN Wireless Connectivity

• 802.11b/g WLAN

Sound Altec Lansing speakers Keyboard 101-key compatible Pointing Device Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad PC Card Slots

External Ports

• 3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
  • 1 Headphone out
  • 1 microphone-in
  • 1 VGA (15-pin)
  • 1 RJ-11 (modem)
  • 1 RJ -45 (LAN)

Dimensions 14.88" (L) x 9.9" (D) x 13.8" (min H) -1.72" (max H) Weight 6.57lbs Security

• Kensington MicroSaver lock slot
  • Power-on password
  • Accepts 3rd party security lock devices

Power

• 65W AC Adapter
  • 6-Cell Lithium-Ion battery

so i'm new to this stuff guys but my friend just got a compaq presario CQ60-214DX from bb and he wants to put leopard on it since he can't stand vista, so i download ideneb v1.4 (10.5.6) but i can't seem to find what drivers i need to select when i get to Customize can any one help? here are the specs from hp

Product Name CQ60-214DX Product Number ZY531UA#ABA Microprocessor 2.16 GHz Intel Pentium Dual-Core Mobile Processor T3400 Microprocessor Cache 1MB L2 Cache Memory 2048MB Memory Max 4096MB Video Graphics Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M Video Memory Up to 797MB Hard Drive 160GB (5400RPM) Multimedia Drive SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support Display 15.6" Diagonal High Definition HP BrightView Display (1366x768) Fax/Modem High speed 56k modem Network Card Integrated 10/100 Ethernet LAN Wireless Connectivity

• 802.11b/g WLAN

Sound Altec Lansing speakers Keyboard 101-key compatible Pointing Device Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad PC Card Slots

External Ports

• 3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
  • 1 Headphone out
  • 1 microphone-in
  • 1 VGA (15-pin)
  • 1 RJ-11 (modem)
  • 1 RJ -45 (LAN)

Dimensions 14.88" (L) x 9.9" (D) x 13.8" (min H) -1.72" (max H) Weight 6.57lbs Security

• Kensington MicroSaver lock slot
  • Power-on password
  • Accepts 3rd party security lock devices

Power

• 65W AC Adapter
  • 6-Cell Lithium-Ion battery

Initially focus on installing a basic OS X system without video, network and audio drivers......assuming you have BIOS set up OK for OS X.......the laptop has integrated video and I could be wrong AFIK there is no OS X driver for it yet.....

Initially focus on installing a basic OS X system without video, network and audio drivers......assuming you have BIOS set up OK for OS X.......the laptop has integrated video and I could be wrong AFIK there is no OS X driver for it yet.....

Not having full CI/QE will affect the graphics & GUI performance to varing degrees depending on the application's dependence upon them.....

As for wifi you need to find out the chipset your wifi uses......

Download OSx86Tools and run lspci......it should give the vendor/device ID for your wifi hopefully....

"Not having full CI/QE will affect the graphics & GUI performance to varing degrees depending on the application's dependence upon them"

He isn't going to be playing any games or anything, he is just using it for typing papers, surfing the net, and ituns.

ok i did what u said and here's what i go so which drivers would i need and do i have to uninstall then reinstall to get all the drivers or is there some o ther way to install them

lspci.txt

"Not having full CI/QE will affect the graphics & GUI performance to varing degrees depending on the application's dependence upon them"

He isn't going to be playing any games or anything, he is just using it for typing papers, surfing the net, and ituns.

ok i did what u said and here's what i go so which drivers would i need and do i have to uninstall then reinstall to get all the drivers or is there some o ther way to install them

Does not look too hopeful for his wifi......which is

Atheros Communications Inc. AR242x 802.11abg Wireless PCI Express Adapter [168c:001c] (rev 01)

See here......

k looks like i will have to go back to vista ;) but thanks for the help any way

Can his laptop take an external PCMCIA PCI-E wireless or USB wireless stick......if so, get one known to work with OS X......

it can take a wireless usb stick but he doesn't want to have to plug that in all the time

I presume he wants to use a wireless connection rather than Ethernet? If he dislikes Vista that much there are two options:

1. You try the procedure here......

2. He tries a Linux distribution e.g. Ubuntu 8.10.......