Can't boot leopard

jtv

4 posts in this topic

Hello

I installed iDeneb v1.4 (10.5.6) and iPC 10.5.6 with the same results:

Instalation works fine, but when I try to boot from the hard drive, it doesn't work,

I tried to install the vanilla 9.6.0 and voodoo 9.5.0 kernels and PC-EFIv9 and chameleon bootloaders with the same error.

sdc10044.th.jpg

What can I do?

My specs:

BIOSTAR G31-M7 TE (G31/ICH7)

Core 2 Duo E6320

2gb ram 667mhz

Nvidia GeForce 9400GT

Thanks

Hello

I installed iDeneb v1.4 (10.5.6) and iPC 10.5.6 with the same results:

Instalation works fine, but when I try to boot from the hard drive, it doesn't work,

I tried to install the vanilla 9.6.0 and voodoo 9.5.0 kernels and PC-EFIv9 and chameleon bootloaders with the same error.

sdc10044.th.jpg

What can I do?

My specs:

BIOSTAR G31-M7 TE (G31/ICH7)

Core 2 Duo E6320

2gb ram 667mhz

Nvidia GeForce 9400GT

Thanks

I have the EXACT same error! I would also like to know what is causing this.

What mainboard do you have?

I'm going to test iAtkos v5 in 2 hours. I will post if it works.

I pulled this from my nForce threads' post #1 for you:

HELP FOR THOSE EXPERIENCING ACPI-APIC and/or BIOS PROBLEMS (e.g. always needing to use the cpus=1 boot flag)

If your System Hangs after Boot Screen Message:

"Mac framework successfully initialized

Using XXXX buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

where XXXX may be 16384, 14805, 10485, 5242 typically......

XXXX Number Explanation:

16384 is reported to indicate ≥ 4GB RAM

14805 is reported to indicate 2GB RAM

The Error Cause may be:

ACPIPlatform.kext and/or AppleAPIC.kext and/or IOACPIFamily.kext

The Error Solution may be:

Replace ACPIPlatform.kext and/or AppleAPIC.kext and/or IOACPIFamily.kext with compatible version(s); generally found in older distros...…or as an "ACPI Fix" or "ACPI-APIC Old" or similar in recent distros.....

HOWEVER, if different versions of these kexts do not resolve the error, then you may need a modified-DSDT BIOS……this is because the DSDT is a part of the ACPI subsystem.

ACPI is the acronym for Advanced Configuration & Power Interface. The ACPI interface has been around since 1999 and used on the majority of i386 and x86_64 systems since then.

ACPI is an abstraction level that is interfaced between the OS and the platform firmware and hardware. This abstraction layer's, i.e. ACPI's purpose is to hide differences in the platform firmware and/or hardware from most of the operating system kernel codebase, in order that most of the kernel codebase does not have to be changed for the OS to run on systems with different hardware and/or firmware. Thus, OS and the platform can evolve independently so that a new OS should be able to run on old hardware, while an older OS should be able to run on new hardware.DSDT is an acronym for Differentiated System Description Table. The DSDT contains the Differentiated Definition Block, which supplies the information and configuration information about the base system. It is always incorporated in the ACPI Namespace by the OS at bootup. However, it is sad fact that a number of MOBO manufacturers do not seem able to provide fully functional DSDTs as part of their MOBOs' BIOS.

For example, MSI MOBOs often need a DSDT string-modded BIOS.....read this

thread.....and see here......Kabyl may be able to help you.....BUT also see OriginalMACNUT's OSXCORES......e.g. MSI P7N nForce 750i SLI Platinum......also see fassl's DSDT Patcher.......using mackerintel's Chameleon with DSDT Override bootloader......as well as koalala's ACPI (DSDT) Patcher for BIOS and AML, CPU Cores, HPET, RTC, TM, GFX......