$50 for anyone who can get Kalyway to run on my thinkpad

squeezebag

1 post in this topic

Hello:

I've been fiddling with Kalyway 10.5.2 on my x40 Thinkpad for a week or so and it's become clear that I'm in over my head. I will paypal $50 bucks to a recognised expert who will hold my hand through the process. What I need is someone willing to be available via IM / phone to walk me through the process. My goal is to arrive at the following destination:

-Single boot (no need for windows)

-A stable Kalyway 10.5.4

-Working wireless (WEP is good enough)

-Functioning power management bundle

-USB hot-swap upgrade

-Ability to drive the internal lcd and external monitor

-Working time machine

-Functioning audio

The hardware is an x40, IBM Thinkpad, single core, single 1.4 GHz processor, 512 MB Memory, with standard PCI wireless card (id: pci1180,476).

I've installed 10.5.2 and things went well. I wasn't able to get the wireless working and I now realize that I could stumble around with this for weeks and perhaps make it work, or just find one of you nice people and pay you for your time. I'm a new at this but not completely helpless - have a basic understanding hw/sw/operating systems, a working knowledge of Unix and VI, and am very easy to get along with. I don't expect this to be difficult (I know that it's been done) and I don't need a permanent lifeline - just some guidance and the ability to ask questions for a few hour period when/if I run into roadblocks.

Anyone interested in this? Thanks. Send me an email at akieffer@gmail.com.

-Andy