Need abit of Help finding Exactly what I need

duvellescash

2 posts in this topic

Hey Fellahs,

Is there someone here who can hold my hand and walk me in the right direction? There is so much great stuff here that I don't even know where to start. Here is what I would like to do:

I am building a system that will run a retail version of OSX 10.5.6 on one sata drive and Vista on a second sata drive. I have been reading about setting up your computer so that you can boot into OSX without a boot disk and get updates from apple. That is exactly what I want. Now I have already attempted to blindly try this and succeeded in installing the Mac Os but I think I {censored}ed it up when trying to do the setup for the boot with out a CD method. I think I may have been using the wrong patches…it can get confusing.

Here is the hardware I am working with all bought brand new to be built as close to how the new Macs are constructed:

- Intel Core i7 Processor i7 -920

- Asus P6T Motherboard

- 2 Western Digital SATA internal HD's

- 6 gigs of Corsair ddr3 Ram

- Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT with 512 ram

I have a retail copy of OSX Leopard Version 10.5

So once again what I need:

- Install and run Retail OSX

- Be aware of any hardware fixes I may need

- Make the machine bootable without CD

- Upgrade to 10.5.6

IF someone can point me in the right direction or if maybe someone has the same specs that I do with a successful install could just sort of walk me through it that would be great. Like I said there are so many great people on this site but I feel like as a noob the info is spread out everywhere, and I just don't want to start doing the wrong step ya know? Please help.

Hey Fellahs,

Is there someone here who can hold my hand and walk me in the right direction? There is so much great stuff here that I don't even know where to start. Here is what I would like to do:

I am building a system that will run a retail version of OSX 10.5.6 on one sata drive and Vista on a second sata drive. I have been reading about setting up your computer so that you can boot into OSX without a boot disk and get updates from apple. That is exactly what I want. Now I have already attempted to blindly try this and succeeded in installing the Mac Os but I think I {censored}ed it up when trying to do the setup for the boot with out a CD method. I think I may have been using the wrong patches…it can get confusing.

Here is the hardware I am working with all bought brand new to be built as close to how the new Macs are constructed:

- Intel Core i7 Processor i7 -920

- Asus P6T Motherboard

- 2 Western Digital SATA internal HD's

- 6 gigs of Corsair ddr3 Ram

- Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT with 512 ram

I have a retail copy of OSX Leopard Version 10.5

So once again what I need:

- Install and run Retail OSX

- Be aware of any hardware fixes I may need

- Make the machine bootable without CD

- Upgrade to 10.5.6

IF someone can point me in the right direction or if maybe someone has the same specs that I do with a successful install could just sort of walk me through it that would be great. Like I said there are so many great people on this site but I feel like as a noob the info is spread out everywhere, and I just don't want to start doing the wrong step ya know? Please help.