Which Distro to use? Dell Vostro 1400

party1

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys can you tell me which distro to use for installing osx on my Dell Vostro 1400.

Config-

T5470

Nvidia 8400m gs

Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

Audio Adapter SigmaTel STAC9228X @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller [b-0]

broadcom ethernet..

Please guide me.. A little bit of searching didnt yeild much.. ;)

Thanks in advance:))

Party.

Hey guys can you tell me which distro to use for installing osx on my Dell Vostro 1400.

Config-

T5470

Nvidia 8400m gs

Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

Audio Adapter SigmaTel STAC9228X @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller [b-0]

broadcom ethernet..

Please guide me.. A little bit of searching didnt yeild much.. :D

Thanks in advance:))

Party.

I would say iAtkos v5. You might be SOL on the wireless. You might be able to do a retail install if you want.

I would say iAtkos v5. You might be SOL on the wireless. You might be able to do a retail install if you want.

Ya looked around, nothing for wireless..:rolleyes:

How does a retail install differ? what are the benifits?

Ya looked around, nothing for wireless..:rolleyes:

How does a retail install differ? what are the benifits?

Probably not much of a difference. I have an external drive as well as my internal drive set up. One on iAtkos and one on retail and I have upgraded them both from software updates without any problems.

with retail apple wont bend you over badly if they decide to rape hackintoshers. lol. i say support apple since they only {censored} and moan at us and dont take action. i use osx because microsoft is {censored}, the least i can do is give them 130 bucks :-) i siggest getting box set with ilife and i work for only 40 bucks more