Determined to get past 10.5.6 snags

(onsciousness

2 posts in this topic

Greetings all, I've been on this osx86 mission for about a month, first successful install was iDeneb v1.1 10.5.4. I found an online guide using that version on my specific motherboard, which was easier said than done, but eventually I got a 99.9% functional Mac OSX / XP dual boot sytem on my drive.

So next I try to get my 'putes updated to 10.5.6. OK, Bios settings will get you past the install and verbose mode will give you clues to boot correctly - 'nuff said. iDeneb v1.1 would install everytime, given the correct customization, with no trouble at all. But after trying ASU, iDeneb 10.5.6 iso & updater, and iPC 10.5.6 I've found a situation that requires professional help.

I EDITED THIS POST SO IT SHOWS ONLY THE ERROR WHICH WAS CAUSING THE PROBLEM

Installation goes fine, then Here is the error -v:

NTFS Volume name, version 3.1

(then it hangs)

I'm trying the XxX installer next...

ASUS p4c800e-deluxe MB (ICHx) (speedstep kernel)

Pentium4 3.2Ghz processor

Primary Master:Seagate IDE

Primary Slave:Memorex DVD-R

NvidiaQuadroFX 1100 - 128mb (Nvidia Inject 128mb)

RME HDSP 9632 (24bit/192khz audio interface, drivers installed directly in osx :) )

On-board ethernet (IntelProVE100)

USB KB and Mouse

-----------------------------------------------------

The XxX installer worked, I had to give it a few goes before I figured out none of the video drivers worked, causing the same error as above. It starts fine with just the Voodoo Kernel & ICHx Chipset. Now I just need to install the right video drivers, post install.

The XxX installer is clearly the winner, I recommend it if you are having trouble with other installers. Lots of people are having the problem stated in my original post, just do what the instructions say and start with just the essentials.

If your boot got as far as "NTFS Volume name..." you probably have the right kernel and chipset settings, the problem is that something is not loading right just before you get to the welcome screen.