Cannot seem to connect Tiger to Leopard, reverse is fine

madddddman

1 post in this topic

:( Greetings members! First of all, thanks to everyone for their generous sharing and help. I have a machine I setup to use as my backup file system for all my Imacs and data. I am using a GA-EP45-DS-3L mb and have disabled the internal Lan and installed the netgear ga311 as per a very helpful member's step by step guide. I initially began with a partitioned HD, installed the kayaway on the 2nd partition, ran the kext installer, then did the vanilla install and update to 10.5.6 on the first partition. All is working like a champ! I am basically a somewhat seasoned Tiger user, but not quite so familiar with Leopard (nooby). I am able to find any and all shared drives and printers on my Imacs (with tiger installed), connect to them, copy, move files, and print all without a hitch from the Leopard clone. However, when I try to see the clone from any of the Imacs, I see the name of the machine in the finder, but when I try to connect to it, enter my name and password, I get the alias error of which I cannot fix it or delete it. I also cannot see any of the shared drives, files, or printer from the finder. I have enabled sharing on everything, changed permissions so "everyone" can read/write, but nothing is accessable. I read there may be a problem with bonjour using the onboard lan, so thats why I installed the suggested netgear card. I should note I did the original install with only the onboard lan, then reinstalled the kexts after putting in the netgear card. When I checked network settings after rebooting, the new card was displayed and I just enabled it. Everything else with this system is absolutely sweet! Thanks again!