Install IATKOS from USB Stick

zrimkunas

3 posts in this topic

I have been trying to install IATKOS 5i on a IBM T43 for a while now via a DVD-RW. The OSX installer keeps dying at disk verification (or early in the install). I believe it is due to the older DVD drive in the laptop.

My goal is to make the IATKOS OSX installer bootable from a USB stick so I can bypass using DVDs altogether. When I extract the .iso image to a USB stick and try to boot I receive the NTLDR not present error.

Has anyone been able to run the installer from a USB stick? If so, how did you get past the NTLDR error? The basic question is this: How can I make a USB stick boot IATKOS just as it boots from a DVD?

Thanks,

Z

• 1 month later...
I have been trying to install IATKOS 5i on a IBM T43 for a while now via a DVD-RW. The OSX installer keeps dying at disk verification (or early in the install). I believe it is due to the older DVD drive in the laptop.

My goal is to make the IATKOS OSX installer bootable from a USB stick so I can bypass using DVDs altogether. When I extract the .iso image to a USB stick and try to boot I receive the NTLDR not present error.

Has anyone been able to run the installer from a USB stick? If so, how did you get past the NTLDR error? The basic question is this: How can I make a USB stick boot IATKOS just as it boots from a DVD?

Thanks,

Z

Ditto, you figure out any answers?