Vista and Leopard on 1 hard disc

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I've got a (stupid in my opinion) problem. I couldn't find the anwser elsewere so I'm writing here. Or maybe I'm a noob and that's an obvious question. I hope you'll help me nevertheless. Here's the problem: 

I've got a laptop and I have two systems (on one physical drive) - Windows Vista, and of course on the other partition, Leopard 10.5.5 (iDeneb 1.3). The partition with Leopard has been flagged in GParted as bootable. Everything works almost fine, but there is one thing that irritates me. When I work firstly on Windows Vista, after rebooting the Chameleon bootloader doesn't come up, but:

boot0: MBR

And that's all, nothing more happens. I must turn the computer off and on again. And then it works, Chameleon loads and everything's ok. When I work on Leopard and then reboot, there is no such problem, it only occurs when rebooting after working on Vista. Can it be solved somehow? What can I do with it? It makes me really angry, every time after working on Vista, I must turn the notebook off and on again. Please help me guys.

Didn't make any difference. I did exactly what was in the tutorial and nothing has changed. Still after rebooting after using Vista, no bootloader, only boot0: mbr. Anyone has a different idea ? Maybe Vista messes something with the booting and changes the boot partition to the one with Vista? Or how does it work?