VIA Rhine problem

ZiGOMATiK

4 posts in this topic

Hello all !

After i have tested many distros, i kept two on which my hardware works properly : iDeneb v1.4 & iPC 10.5.6.

On the long view, i found a serious bug which disturb me !

When i am on internet and/or i download a big file, my internet connection stopped nearly immediately. So, I must to restart my computer in order to get a new internet connection.

I have tested on the two distros and i have the same. So, I think the problem come from driver and not the distro (i think, i think...)

I don't have a wireless card, just an ethernet card : VIA Rhine II !

I don't know what i am supposed to do so i come to ask some questions !

ZiGOMATiK

P.S : Sorry for my english.

Hello all !

After i have tested many distros, i kept two on which my hardware works properly : iDeneb v1.4 & iPC 10.5.6.

On the long view, i found a serious bug which disturb me !

When i am on internet and/or i download a big file, my internet connection stopped nearly immediately. So, I must to restart my computer in order to get a new internet connection.

I have tested on the two distros and i have the same. So, I think the problem come from driver and not the distro (i think, i think...)

I don't have a wireless card, just an ethernet card : VIA Rhine II !

I don't know what i am supposed to do so i come to ask some questions !

ZiGOMATiK

P.S : Sorry for my english.

Could you be more specific? Did you try unplugging and then replugging in the ethernet cable? or logging out and then logging back in?

Try going to system preferences>Network and see what color the light is for ethernet (red, orange or green?) if its orange, you may just need to change your IP settings...

If nothing is working, you could always try to use the app Pacifist with the iPC dvd (which version is it? im runnning on iPC 10.5.6 PPF5 Universal Final) to open up the viarhine kext file and have it install the kext all over again and it might fix it...let me know...

-acmilancrazy

Thank you for your answer !

I already try to unplug and replug my Ethernet cable but doesn't work. When I log out and log back, i get a connection but it stop after some minuts.

In System Preferences > Network, the color of the light is always green ! Moreover, when i don't have internet, it is still green ! :)

I believe that i use the same version as you :" iPC_OSx86_10_5_6_Universal_PPF5_Final".

How can I open up the Viarhine kext file from the DVD ?

Thank you for your big help