Best version for VMware and this hardware

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone. im kinda new to this community. Anyway, i might use some help.

(sorry for my bad english :( )

i have laptop with this hardware:

Toshiba Satellite A200-I1Z

CPU: Intel Core 2 duo T7250 2.0GHz

Chipset: Intel PM965

Video: ATI Mobility radeon HD2600

Ram: 2Gb 667Mhz

I have tried different ways and tutorials to put Mac Os on this machine, but did not succeed this far. At first I tried to install Mac Os 10.4.something, 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 on entire HDD. Install started all fine, then it finished without problems, but when restarting PC to start Mac OS for the first time it crushed and I did not get pass that.

After a while i heard that it`s possible to run OSx on VMware as well. i used this tutorial. though, i don`t have that exact OSx, but i have VMware workstation 6 exact build. and tried following patched OSx:

iAtkos v1.0i (i heard this is only one that runs on VMware), Kalyway 10.5.2 intel_AMD, ToHLeox86 and some sort of Leopard_OSx86

And this time i cannot even get to installation, because it crushes while loading it. all of them reacts pretty much the same. at first they give this error message,

then stops by this error message - Display: family specific matching fails. Does it means, it don`t recognise my video card?

Or as for iAtkos, it goes trough all those messages, but then changes resolution, like switching to install UI, but all screen goes in gliches and virtual machine just restarts.

I also read somewhere, radeon HD2600 is not supported, so i tried to run install with commands:

-v

-v -f -x

But that didn`t work either. But wierd, if HD2600 is not supported, how i get to installation when i tried to install it on entire hdd?

I believe i don`t have the right versions for my system or VMware. But there are so many different patched versions, so i`m kinda confused.

Maybe someone with more experience can give some advice. What version should i use, if i want to install OSx on VMware? Or at least what should i look for? Will "JaS Mac OS X 10.4.8 Intel/AMD SSE2 SSE3 PPF1+PPF2" work with VMware on my PC?

Thanks. waiting for some helpful info.