Installing Kalyway on a new hard drive

dv8

2 posts in this topic

Guys,

This may sound like a really dumb question, but I purchased a new hard drive to I can try installing Kalayway on in. When I boot up it starts to read the DVD and I can see some files loading on the screen but then it stops.

I can't seem to get it to do anything else after that. Do I need to format my Hard Drive before I try installing the software? I was under the impression that I would be able to format the HD after Kalyway was installed.

Can anyone give me some pointer to what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks

dv8

Guys,

This may sound like a really dumb question, but I purchased a new hard drive to I can try installing Kalayway on in. When I boot up it starts to read the DVD and I can see some files loading on the screen but then it stops.

I can't seem to get it to do anything else after that. Do I need to format my Hard Drive before I try installing the software? I was under the impression that I would be able to format the HD after Kalyway was installed.

Can anyone give me some pointer to what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks

dv8

You need to partition and format your HDD using Disk Utility on OS X Install DVD before installing OS X.......recommend you partition HDD as MBR rather than GPT.....and you need to format as Mac OS Extended (Journaled).......please Google to learn more about installing operating systems on PC hard drives in general and OS X in particular.......you will save yourself much pain......