problems after update to 10.5.3 and also 10.5.6

bova80

3 posts in this topic

so i installed kalyway leopard 10.5.2 on my dell e510 and everything was working great so i decided i was going to install the combo updates. so i installed combo update 10.5.3 and now my network connection doesn't work and i can't turn airport mode on. i have a linksys 802.11n pci card. i tried backing up the IONetworkFamily.kext file before doing it and then copying it back in after the install to see if that fixed it and it did not. anyone have any suggestions?

the other thing i tried was reinstalling 10.5.2 and that worked but then safari no longer worked after that.

so i installed kalyway leopard 10.5.2 on my dell e510 and everything was working great so i decided i was going to install the combo updates. so i installed combo update 10.5.3 and now my network connection doesn't work and i can't turn airport mode on. i have a linksys 802.11n pci card. i tried backing up the IONetworkFamily.kext file before doing it and then copying it back in after the install to see if that fixed it and it did not. anyone have any suggestions?

the other thing i tried was reinstalling 10.5.2 and that worked but then safari no longer worked after that.

so i reinstalled kalyway leopard 10.5.2 then i went to do the update to 10.5.6 instead and everything installed just fine but now on reboot it just crashes and does the reboot loop. anyway i fix that without having to reinstall?

so i reinstalled kalyway leopard 10.5.2 then i went to do the update to 10.5.6 instead and everything installed just fine but now on reboot it just crashes and does the reboot loop. anyway i fix that without having to reinstall?

You can't install the 10.5.6 update regularly. It will mess your whole install up. It's a complicated process to update to 10.5.6 as you need to install a new EFI if you've used the Kalyway method. The furthest you can safely go is 10.5.5 (and even then you need to follow a certain method or you'll mess your install up). There are many posts on the forum showing you how to do it. I'd suggest re-installing everything but not using the Kalyway Image - rather use the new Retail Boot DVD method described in detail in many posts. Those of us with Kalyway installs will have to wait for an "official" Kalyway update to get to 10.5.6 or risk doing it manually. I'm waiting for the pain-free version.