ALC888 front panel not working

tendert

14 posts in this topic

Hey man, what steps did you use to get ALC888 working at all. What version leo are you using. I need help too, but I dont care about front panel as much, but maybe if I can get audio working at all then I might be able to help you too.

My leo version is 10.5.6, try one of this http://www.mediafire.com/?i4nlmyjcz2m i used alc888 . instal 2 kext files from one folder with kext helper and if it helps leave message ;)

Well this is my third day using Mac OS ever in my life, so I am such a noob to this.

Can you please explain what you mean by "installing kexts". Is that just placing them in a folder or is there more to it than that.

I also dont understand the whole "repair permissions" thing either. I see a function in the OSX86 Tools that say it will repair permissions. Is that I need to do is just run that or do I have to do the "chown" in terminal.

Thank you.

Well this is my third day using Mac OS ever in my life, so I am such a noob to this.

Can you please explain what you mean by "installing kexts". Is that just placing them in a folder or is there more to it than that.

I also dont understand the whole "repair permissions" thing either. I see a function in the OSX86 Tools that say it will repair permissions. Is that I need to do is just run that or do I have to do the "chown" in terminal.

Thank you.

1.download this http://www.mediafire.com/?bwmimz13ym3

2.unpack

3.go to "applications" and run "kext helper"

4.drag and drop unpacked folder to "kext helper" , type your password ant press "easy instal" than reboot pc.

Strange. I dont have kext helper on my machine. I've checked aplications and utilities and it's not there. Any place to download it?

I followed a few tutorials with editting some plists and stuff and my audio still doesn't work. So aggravating.

When I installed mac, should I have had it install anything else also as far as acpi things and other audio things? Or am I able to get this going without having it install anything as far as audio goes? I have a feeling that I'm missing something.

this is what it says in system profiler for the audio section.

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x1462356A

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

ok, I downloaded kext helper and did what you said. Still no audio.

I wonder if I messed somethign up in the process. I'm about to reload mac again and start from scratch.

Audio is the only thing I need to make this system nearly complete. Too bad I can't get mac os to use my intel raid.

It would be even better if I could use my x-fi card for my audio instead, but oh well

Strange. I dont have kext helper on my machine. I've checked aplications and utilities and it's not there. Any place to download it?

I followed a few tutorials with editting some plists and stuff and my audio still doesn't work. So aggravating.

When I installed mac, should I have had it install anything else also as far as acpi things and other audio things? Or am I able to get this going without having it install anything as far as audio goes? I have a feeling that I'm missing something.

this is what it says in system profiler for the audio section.

Available Devices:

ok, I downloaded kext helper and did what you said. Still no audio.

I wonder if I messed somethign up in the process. I'm about to reload mac again and start from scratch.

Audio is the only thing I need to make this system nearly complete. Too bad I can't get mac os to use my intel raid.

It would be even better if I could use my x-fi card for my audio instead, but oh well

After you write kext files, near the clock had to be sound icon. Is it ? sorry of my bad english :)

Ok, I'm getting closer. I aparently did not have AppleHDA.kext installed. So I used kext helper to put it in and now system profiler shows:

Available Devices:

Headphone:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

Speaker:

Connection: Internal

Line In:

S/P-DIF In:

Connection: Optical

S/P-DIF Out:

Microphone:

but I still dont have any sound. I think it is detecting my connections wrong. I have six 1/8 inch jacks for audio in the back plus 1 spdif.

I have hooked my speakers up to all the jacks and still no sound. This is weird.

Any thoughts?? I appreciate the help very much.

P.S. That link you gave me to download those files (alc888 2) only had AppleHDA.kext.zip in it. Was there supposed to be something else. There was only 1 file in the zip.

Thank you very much

Yeah, there is the sound icon and I turn it up all the way and still no sound

Ok, I'm getting closer. I aparently did not have AppleHDA.kext installed. So I used kext helper to put it in and now system profiler shows:

Available Devices:

Headphone:

Speaker:

Line In:

S/P-DIF In:

S/P-DIF Out:

Microphone:

but I still dont have any sound. I think it is detecting my connections wrong. I have six 1/8 inch jacks for audio in the back plus 1 spdif.

I have hooked my speakers up to all the jacks and still no sound. This is weird.

Any thoughts?? I appreciate the help very much.

P.S. That link you gave me to download those files (alc888 2) only had AppleHDA.kext.zip in it. Was there supposed to be something else. There was only 1 file in the zip.

Thank you very much

Yeah, there is the sound icon and I turn it up all the way and still no sound

than go to system preferences/sound choose right input or output :) and you have a sound :)

still nothing.

It's strange that system profiler isn't listing all my jacks, and that I think is where the problem is.

YAY!!!!

Got it working. but I do not know how. SWEET!!!!

Thank you so much for your help. This is freaking awesome. I am so excited.

Now if I could only get it to recognize all my jacks, not as if I have 5.1 surround sound setup, but it would be great for it to see it properly

still nothing.

It's strange that system profiler isn't listing all my jacks, and that I think is where the problem is.

YAY!!!!

Got it working. but I do not know how. SWEET!!!!

Thank you so much for your help. This is freaking awesome. I am so excited.

Now if I could only get it to recognize all my jacks, not as if I have 5.1 surround sound setup, but it would be great for it to see it properly

no problem :)

no problem :)

trye shut down pc. I could not turn off your computer after i patched audio with applehdapatcher..

Now, do you know how to fix the flux capacitor :)

I need to goto the future.

Thank you very much. You were a huge help. I spent the last 3 days trying to figure the audio out and reading everything on this board, only when I finally read what you had to say did I finally get it working. Absolutely amazing

Now, do you know how to fix the flux capacitor :)

I need to goto the future.

Thank you very much. You were a huge help. I spent the last 3 days trying to figure the audio out and reading everything on this board, only when I finally read what you had to say did I finally get it working. Absolutely amazing

i spent week trying to figure audio and video :)