I am working with a HP DV7-1130us.

Specs as follows:

Processor: AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2 GHz

Installed Memory: 4 GB (DDR2 SDRAM)

Hard Drive: 250 GB Serial ATA, 5400 RPM

Video: ATI Radeon HD3200

Sound: Unsure

Current OS: Vista 64 bit Home Premium

I have partitioned the HDD, installed ideneb several times and continue to get the loop around welcome screen problem. I tried going into single user mode to tell the system that setup is done I.E.:

1. Press F8 when you see the Darwin boot screen.

2. As a boot option you write (to get in single user mode):

CODE

-s

3. When your computer is done loading and you are at the root, you enter this:

CODE

/sbin/fsck -fy

4. You should get the message "Rows system was modified." (I personaly didn't get this message, just a message that my Leopard partition was fine)

5. Now we mount the partition, otherwise we can't make modifications in the rows system. So you enter (MIND THE SPACE BETWEEN uw AND /!!!):

CODE

/sbin/mount -uw /

6. Now choose a password for your root account. So you type:

CODE

passwd root

7. Now you have to enter your password, 2 times. You don't see anything happen when you enter your password, but it'll work.

8.Now we are going to tell Mac OSX that the configuration is completed. So you enter (where NAME! is the name of the partition you installed OS X86 on, if you don't remember, you can press TAB to see the possible options (This didn't really work for me, I named my partition Leopard, but I didn't see Leopard when I pressed TAB, just a looooong list of words):

CODE

touch /Volumes/NAME!/var/db/.AppleSetupDone

9. And that was everything. Lets see if it works, enter:

CODE

reboot

10. Login with the name "root" and your choosen password (case sensitive).

I never see my volume name in that list, and it always says it doesnt exist.

I have seen that some people have gotten ideneb to work on this computer. I am wondering if perhaps I am choosing wrong kernels or startup drivers, im just guessing which ones to pick. If someone does know which to select at startup, or some possible solution to my problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance!

Please Help. :)

• 5 months later...
Hi friends,

I am working with a HP DV7-1130us.

Specs as follows:

Processor: AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2 GHz

Installed Memory: 4 GB (DDR2 SDRAM)

Hard Drive: 250 GB Serial ATA, 5400 RPM

Video: ATI Radeon HD3200

Sound: Unsure

Current OS: Vista 64 bit Home Premium

I have partitioned the HDD, installed ideneb several times and continue to get the loop around welcome screen problem. I tried going into single user mode to tell the system that setup is done I.E.:

1. Press F8 when you see the Darwin boot screen.

2. As a boot option you write (to get in single user mode):

CODE

-s

3. When your computer is done loading and you are at the root, you enter this:

CODE

/sbin/fsck -fy

4. You should get the message "Rows system was modified." (I personaly didn't get this message, just a message that my Leopard partition was fine)

5. Now we mount the partition, otherwise we can't make modifications in the rows system. So you enter (MIND THE SPACE BETWEEN uw AND /!!!):

CODE

/sbin/mount -uw /

6. Now choose a password for your root account. So you type:

CODE

passwd root

7. Now you have to enter your password, 2 times. You don't see anything happen when you enter your password, but it'll work.

8.Now we are going to tell Mac OSX that the configuration is completed. So you enter (where NAME! is the name of the partition you installed OS X86 on, if you don't remember, you can press TAB to see the possible options (This didn't really work for me, I named my partition Leopard, but I didn't see Leopard when I pressed TAB, just a looooong list of words):

CODE

touch /Volumes/NAME!/var/db/.AppleSetupDone

9. And that was everything. Lets see if it works, enter:

CODE

reboot

10. Login with the name "root" and your choosen password (case sensitive).

I never see my volume name in that list, and it always says it doesnt exist.

I have seen that some people have gotten ideneb to work on this computer. I am wondering if perhaps I am choosing wrong kernels or startup drivers, im just guessing which ones to pick. If someone does know which to select at startup, or some possible solution to my problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance!

Please Help. :thumbsup_anim:

same prob