which .kext file is used?

supergnu

4 posts in this topic

Is there a way to tell which kext file is actually used for a certain device? for example, in my Kalyway 10.5.2 installation i have multiple networkcard drivers that could be compatible with my card. the networkcard is working, so i would like to know which of the kext files is actually being used as driver...

thanks!

Is there a way to tell which kext file is actually used for a certain device? for example, in my Kalyway 10.5.2 installation i have multiple networkcard drivers that could be compatible with my card. the networkcard is working, so i would like to know which of the kext files is actually being used as driver...

thanks!

In Terminal type

kextstat

thanks!

Click on the Apple at the top left and about this Mac/more info/software/extensions. It will show the kext and the version number.

And what about plugins?

for examle, IONetworkingFamily.kext is listed, IONetworkingFamily.kext contains many different plugins - how can I see which of those plugins is actually loaded?

Also - what exactly happends if the PC/Vendor ID is contained in more than one kext file?

thanks