Change SATA mode to AHCI

wtrshd

3 posts in this topic

Hi, i am new to the forum. I was just trying to install ideneb v1.3 in my nforce 630i mobo, and i get the usual still waiting for root device error message; one of the solutions i found was to change the SATA mode to AHCI, but in my bios the SATA mode is by default RAID and can't be changed. Anyone knows if there is a way to change that? or is there another solution for the problem?, and if i am stuck with RAID, is there a more apropiate dist. (iatkos, leo4all,etc) for my machine? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi, i am new to the forum. I was just trying to install ideneb v1.3 in my nforce 630i mobo, and i get the usual still waiting for root device error message; one of the solutions i found was to change the SATA mode to AHCI, but in my bios the SATA mode is by default RAID and can't be changed. Anyone knows if there is a way to change that? or is there another solution for the problem?, and if i am stuck with RAID, is there a more apropiate dist. (iatkos, leo4all,etc) for my machine? Thanks in advance for your help.

Please post your BIOS screen shots for SATA and RAID menus and sub-menus, including the settings options in my Pre-Series 7 nForce chipset thread......