Installed XP & OSX but can't switch

3 posts in this topic

I installed OSX x86 on a Optiplex GX280, it works just fine. I partitioned the HD with Disk Utility and installed Windows XP on the second partition.

I am now unable to boot OSX, it just starts up into Windows XP. If I hit F8 at startup and select the OS Selection, only Windows XP is available as an option.

Can someone please help?

Thanks.

I installed OSX x86 on a Optiplex GX280, it works just fine. I partitioned the HD with Disk Utility and installed Windows XP on the second partition.

I am now unable to boot OSX, it just starts up into Windows XP. If I hit F8 at startup and select the OS Selection, only Windows XP is available as an option.

Can someone please help?

Thanks.

I had this same problem

Fortunately i found a way to fix it with the help of an Ubuntu live cd

Boot into a Ubuntu Live CD, up the top go to System then Administration and then click Partition Editor

then Right click in your Mac osx86 Partition and choose Manage Flags

then change the Flag to boot

then click Close and reboot without Live CD and Should boot Mac osx86 partition

Good Luck,

You can download your free copy of Ubuntu at "http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download"

Can someone please help?

Thanks.

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2. On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery.

3. Under System Startup, click Edit. This opens the file in Notepad ready for editing.

4. In Notepad add at the end of the document: C:\chain0="Mac Os X"

(You can give 'Mac Os X' another name)

5. Save it.

Download the chain0 file, and place it on the root of you c:\ drive.

Now you can choose Mac Os X from the list!