First install problem. iPC 10.5.6 Video?

Gottria

5 posts in this topic

OK, here goes. First time osx86 builder and still very green.

Hardware

GA-EP45-UD3P

Intel dual core 2 2.4 ghz.

4gb Ram

EVGA 7600GT 256mg memory ona Dell 2005FP LCD.

SATA DVD Drive and a 160gb SATA HDD.

Loaded with iPC 10.5.6 and selected correct drivers but end up with a picture that looks like this;post-393121-1237592094_thumb.jpg It's squished in the middle no matter what resolution I set it at.

that's quite an interesting problem.

Is your monitor connected by DVI or analog VGA? You've probably already done this, but if VGA, try using the monitor's auto-adjust feature.

Maybe try using another LCD to decide whethere the problem is with the PC or the monitor. or if that fails, a CRT?

Also, what driver did you install for your Geforce? I have found the NVkush package to be compatible with most desktop video cards.

OK, I did a factory reset on my LCD, a dell 2005 FPW and the original problem is gone. But now the display only looks good if I have it set to 1024x768 (stretched). If I set it to 1680x1050, which is the correct resolution for my display, it will scale everything correctly but the graphics and text look like {censored}.

I used Universal OSx86 Installer and applied EFI string and selected the NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT 256mb. Rebooted and no change.

I'm using the DVI connection, tried the other and works fine in 1680x1050.