Successful Install of iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Universal PPF5 (Final)

Jabb3r

8 posts in this topic

zd8044ea was my exact model

Heres what I selected

* Base System

* 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel

* Laptop Display

* LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA

* AC97 Audio

* Realtek R1000

* Broadcom Driver

* Seatbelt.kext 10.5.5

* PS/2 Keyboard Fix (Installed seperately after initial install as a precaution due to it asking for a keyboard to be plugged in when using -f to boot with)

* Patch DSDT

* Chameleon with DSDT/Custom BootPicture

* Apps I installed a few things avoiding anything which seemed AMD specific. NTFS 3-G + MacFUSE I reccomend.

Wireless, Internet and Sound all worked after going through apples initial setup procedures. Software Update worked without a hitch Also had the video resolution and QE/CI enabled by follwing flashGX's guide.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=129619&hl=

Unfortunately It did leave me with the irritating transparency on the top bar, but more irritatingly

my Finder searches wouldn't show so I removed the kexts that were installed from his own archive and gave a reboot and things were back to a more pleasing state. (for myself anyway)

Hope this helps someone to get goin with OSX on there zd8000 series. I'm no expert and if anyone can see better or reccomended options using this version please let me know.

Thx

My model ZD8369.

Strange when installing the 9.5.0 is said to be for AMD (?) machines...

I've tried, and it works - :D

:D

But :

Wireless does not work (Airport won't activate)...

Video : I'll try flashGx asap (when I'll have the ktext files)

Any help available regarding wireless?

:D

Hi chap. Sorry for late reply. Still ironin out some graphics creases of my install.

As for the no wireless option I don't know what to suggest as mine worked after install without problems.

Maybe only thing is double check your model uses a Broadcom device and if it does post it's details and I'll see if I can find anythin you can try.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Attempting to install this on my ZD8000 CTO and am constantly getting kernel panics. I'm running WinXP but tonight got a new 320GB HDD for my laptop as the 100GB wasn't enough so I'm basically trying to install this on a fresh drive. I partitioned the drive into two sections, one NTFS for my WinXP and the other HFS+ for iPC.

Could you post a sort of run through on how you installed everything? How did you partition your drive, or did you get a different, external, etc? Did you load directly with the DVD drive? At the inital Darwin install screen, did you have to type anything specific to get it to load?

Sorry for all of the questions, I'm basically stuck at the beginning right now unable to install. I would absolutely love to have OS X on my laptop but am starting to get very frustrated not being able to get the install moving. Any help would be very appreciated!

Small update... had a nagging feeling that the DVD I burned was causing issues and sure enough I transferred the original RAR fire to my wife's MacBook, extracted it to her computer, then burned the ISO to a new DVD and sure enough it has gone way past where I was before... but I believe there might still be issues. I'm letting it run right now but it is definitely slow to process everything.

Also of note, I downloaded simple MD5 program to verify the ISO and it came out idential to the MD5 number provided in the RAR so hopefully everything will run smooth now that a decent DVD has been burned.

If I can get this to work I'll definitely make a complete step by step how to for everyone. :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heres what I selected

* Base System

* 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel

* Laptop Display

* AC97 Audio

* Realtek R1000

* Broadcom Driver

* Seatbelt.kext 10.5.5

* PS/2 Keyboard Fix (Installed seperately after initial install as a precaution due to it asking for a keyboard to be plugged in when using -f to boot with)

* Patch DSDT

* Apps I installed a few things avoiding anything which seemed AMD specific. NTFS 3-G + MacFUSE I reccomend.

Wireless, Internet and Sound all worked after going through apples initial setup procedures. Software Update worked without a hitch Also had the video resolution and QE/CI enabled by follwing flashGX's guide.

Unfortunately It did leave me with the irritating transparency on the top bar, but more irritatingly

my Finder searches wouldn't show so I removed the kexts that were installed from his own archive and gave a reboot and things were back to a more pleasing state. (for myself anyway)

Hope this helps someone to get goin with OSX on there zd8000 series. I'm no expert and if anyone can see better or reccomended options using this version please let me know.

Worked on my zd8000 CTO

Did not try the QE/CI fix...

id like to know if updating to 10.5.7 will hose the sys..

Heres what I selected

* Base System

* 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel

* Laptop Display

* AC97 Audio

* Realtek R1000

* Broadcom Driver

* Seatbelt.kext 10.5.5

* Patch DSDT

I had decided not to use the QE/CI flashGX guide as it did not work for me the first time i tried it.. probably messed up something and got blackscreen after grey apply boot screen... i removed all the ATI files., got my system back.,

then

using Katana i was able to get resolution 1680 x 1050... thats all i care about :)

using my ZD8000 to develop iphone 3 apps...

profile states QE is not supported... but like i said.. dont care.,

my zd8000 was the top of the line config.. its devide ID for x600 mobility is 3150., (256mb).. at the max resolution everything looks great.,