Choppy Audio on Dell Inspiron 1501

Thomas Ward

2 posts in this topic

Long time reader, first time poster. I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my Dell Inspiron 1501, thanks to the tutorials I found here on InsanelyMac. I also patched my PC with AppleHDAPatcher, so that my Sigmatel 9200 audio would work through the internal speaker.

After doing so, however, I noticed that the audio was choppy, sounding much like a skipping vinyl record. I also happened to notice that, whenever I would move the mouse, the sound would work normally.

Could someone tell me why this, and what I could do to fix this problem? Thanks!

• 1 year later...
Long time reader, first time poster. I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my Dell Inspiron 1501, thanks to the tutorials I found here on InsanelyMac. I also patched my PC with AppleHDAPatcher, so that my Sigmatel 9200 audio would work through the internal speaker.

After doing so, however, I noticed that the audio was choppy, sounding much like a skipping vinyl record. I also happened to notice that, whenever I would move the mouse, the sound would work normally.

Could someone tell me why this, and what I could do to fix this problem? Thanks!

hi i am having the exact same problem have you managed to sort it out, if you have could you tell be please because im starting to pul my hair out over this one..

cheeers