[SOLVED] iAtkos 5i panic(cpu 0 caller 0x00402EB5):

GeckoSlayer

1 post in this topic

Hey everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've just tried getting iAtkos 5i (which has been reported to work on my laptop) onto a Dell Inspiron 1318.

The following is the details:

Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module

Intel 4965AGN Wireless-N Mini Card

2GB DDR2 SDRAM

250GB SATA Hard Drive

128MB nvidia geforce 8400m GS

The "Installing Mac OS X Leopard on the volume "leopard"" gets to about 95% complete and then brings up a black screen with the following written on it:

server_shutdown boostrap_register(): Service name already exists

server shutdown complete (259147272.332640)

It then reboots into the "You need to restart yoru computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button" in a few different languages.

With a thread on here dedicated to all these great responses regarding how well iAtkos 5i runs on the Dell Inspiron 1318's default settings, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

On restart, I used -v to get verbose output...

Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x00402EB5): "ACPI: AcpiOsFree"@/Volumes/disk1s2/leo_xnu/xnu-1228/iokit/Kernel/IOLib.cpp:724

Debugger called: <panic>

<INSERT LOTS OF NUMBER TAHT CAN BE GIVEN IF THEY ARE REALLY NECESSARY>

ANOTHER UPDATE:

after removing DVD from drive i now get this error:

localhost kextd[10]: cannot resolove dependencies for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIThermal.kext

also, a little further up we have:

localhost kextd[10]: notice - UUID of on-disk kernel (/mach_kernel) does not match running kernel

NOW FIXED.

To fix, I booted in with -s -x -v flags and did an rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIThermal.kext