XPS Gen 2 Laptop iDeneb 10.5.6 Success!

Noah Body

3 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have an Dell XPS Gen 2 (one of the originals) and it has the NVidia 68000 Go Ultra graphics chips.

My problem was this:

I could't get my laptop display to work without having an external (DVI) monitor plugged in. Usually I would get either a light blue screen with a mouse cursor, or the iDeneb screen would switch back and forth to the light blue screen and sometimes just a black screen.

I edited plists, installed titan (among many others, including LaptopDisplay) and did eveything that I could find by searching and experimenting.

I couldn't seem to get the stupid laptop display to work by itself. It HAD to have an external monitor connected.

I finally found the answer.... and it was one I had already tried but hadn't worked!

I installed iDeneb using the NVinject video option.

I then installed the Mac XCode Devkit so that I could use the official Apple Property List Editor....I changed the NVCAP to the following: <04000000 00000d00 00000000 00000007 00000000 >

(internal OK - external not detected) - I found this at http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=1725

reset the permissions, flush the caches, rebooted.... and it worked!

Now I had my Mac Desktop displaying on my laptop screen and my external monitor was unplugged (finally!).

What had gone horribly wrong?

PListEdit Pro

I had used this to edit the Info.plist and for some reason it screwed something up.

From now on, I'll ONLY use the Apple one!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I have the same computer but i can't have the display at the right resolution (1920x1200).

Can you be more specific with the installation option you have selected?

Thank's a million!

Sorry for the long delay in giving a reply.

The video option that works the best (for me, I tried them all) is: NVinject 0.2.1 256MB

I can do the full resolution and quartz works fine.