USB Sound Card HELP

albopimp7

3 posts in this topic

I have a Dell D520 that doesnt have an internal compatible sound card with Leopard, but I've heard about these USB sound cards that work.

Do these USB sound cards just plug in and work off of the internal speakers? I have a USB wifi adapter, do USB sound adapters work similarly?

Thanks for any help you may provide.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a Dell D520 that doesnt have an internal compatible sound card with Leopard, but I've heard about these USB sound cards that work.

Do these USB sound cards just plug in and work off of the internal speakers? I have a USB wifi adapter, do USB sound adapters work similarly?

Thanks for any help you may provide.

I don't understand exactly what you mean with "plug in and work off the internal speakers" exactly but I quess you have some internal speakers (in your monitor let's say). I use an EMU 0404 usb soundcard because I work with sound using logic 8 or another similar programs. For me is out of question using any build in soundcard because of the performance considerents. I think is the best and suitable sound solution on a hackintosh machine. I don't think there are unsuported usb soundcards on osx. Regarding the adaptors you can check if there are any suitable for your expectations.

So if meantime you did not get an usb soundcard just go for it.

• 3 weeks later...
I think is the best and suitable sound solution on a hackintosh machine. I don't think there are unsuported usb soundcards on osx. Regarding the adaptors you can check if there are any suitable for your expectations.

So if meantime you did not get an usb soundcard just go for it.

Good to hear about it, but isn't the external USB soundcards more prone to lags?

I mean, doesn't the sound have some delay when let's say watching movie, or editing video with FCP?