help with notebook's onboard ps/2 keyboard/mouse

tswaters

2 posts in this topic

ok, so this is completely counter-intuitive from what i've read thus far ... i've got a laptop, hp dv6000, which works for the most part ... the only problems i'm having (at the moment) relate to the onboard keyboard/mouse. i have a wireless USB mouse/keyboard combo that i've been trying to drop

1 - if booting up with no usb, the touchpad / keyboard do not work

-- plugging in usb will work at this point

2 - if booting up WITH usb keyboard/mouse -- the onboard touchpad/keyboard work

-- unplugging the usb has no effect -- onboard keyboard/mouse continue to work.

at the moment, i'm typing on the onboard keyboard and using the trackpad .. however, if i restart without the usb combo handy, i won't have anything when loading up & installing usb only gives me the usb.

the install i have is basically a 10.5.6, a few changes for graphics:

-- NVDriver.kext

-- NVidia.kext

-- NVinjectGo.kext

and a few to get the WIFI working again:

-- AppleAPIC.kext -- v.1.1.0

-- AppleACPIPlatform.kext -- v.1.0.3

and i tried to get ps2 by installing:

-- ApplsPS2Controller.kext -- v.1.1.0

the touchpad (when i get it working) is a bit fast and doesn't support tap-to-click, scrolling and is incredibly fast. the really weird thing is, first time i got them working was in the iPC installer -- and the touchpad was incredibly functional, having tap & scrolling ... and it was normal-speed.

hm... well, it's pretty late at this point, but i'll return again tomorrow to try and hack it out. if anyone wants to see my boot logs, i can post these ... one thing in particular i noticed when it didn't work:

configd[34] InterfaceNamer: Busy services : 
configd[34] InterfaceNamer: [1] 
configd[34] InterfaceNamer: /AppleACPIPlatformExpert [1] 
configd[34] InterfaceNamer: /AppleACPIPlatformExpert/KBC0 [1] 
configd[34] InterfaceNamer: /AppleACPIPlatformExpert/KBC0/ps2controller [1] 
configd[34] InterfaceNamer: /AppleACPIPlatformExpert/KBC0/ps2controller/ApplePS2Controller [1] 
configd[34] InterfaceNamer: /AppleACPIPlatformExpert/KBC0/ps2controller/ApplePS2Controller/ApplePS2MouseDevice [2] 
configd[34] InterfaceNamer: /AppleACPIPlatformExpert/MSE0/ps2controller [1] 
configd[34] InterfaceNamer: /AppleACPIPlatformExpert/MSE0/ps2controller/ApplePS2Controller [1] 
configd[34] InterfaceNamer: /AppleACPIPlatformExpert/MSE0/ps2controller/ApplePS2Controller/ApplePS2MouseDevice [2]

the same lines don't exist when it worked (when i started up with the USB connected)... this also has the side-effect of slowing boot-time to a crawl. i think it's waiting for responses from the ps/2 and not finding anything until it times out & gives up.

any help = greatly appreciated. thanks