QuartzGL Bricked my system

Torretto

3 posts in this topic

I recently tried to enable QuartzGL on my system, now i can boot only in safe mode. When i attempt to boot in "regular mode" it seems that the file /usr/libexec/kextd/ is constantly trying to load and crashing over and over again in an endless loop. This issue is weird because I know that enabling quartzgl should not effect this file in any way, and also after disabling quartzgl in safe mode the problem persists. I tried looking in the log file, but can not understand what i am looking at. I will post one of the log files. Am I the only one who's had this problem? Please help, as this is my main system and I NEED it to work!

Thanks,

Torretto

kextd_2009_03_15_182734_Ziggys_HackBook_Pro.zip

Thanks for the info. I have since learned that the error was not actually caused by QuartzGL but by the PowerManagement fix i had applied after applying the 10.5.6 update to allow the battery meter to work. I have now rolled back to 10.5.4m and am no longer planning on updating. I would, however, like to know what the 10.5.6 PowerManagement fix that's floating around the internet does to cause this error. Thanks anyway.