kalyway or iatkos VAIO VGN-NR498E

DoNaL-CtN

9 posts in this topic

HI i was wondering is there anyone here who has got osx86 to work on my laptop

Processor 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 Memory 3,072MB DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz Hard drive 250GB, 5,400rpm Chipset Intel GM965 Express Graphics Intel GMAX3100 (integrated)

I have tryed alot of methods. with kalyway i can boot into leopard with sound,usb everything except for proper video and internet. At the moment iatkos 5i is installed but i get that circle symbol no matter what way i boot. is there anyone then that can suggest a solid way to get video,sound,internet as much as possible reli would be good.

in the past i followed this tutorial but video and internet would not work

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=86600

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have the exact same model and I am currently considering an OSX install on it.

Do you have any specific recommendations?

From what I could gather so far, wifi will not work as there is not working driver for the Intel 4965 card (perhaps the best approach would be to replace it with any cheap wifi card that is compatible, $20 might do the trick)

edabe

Hi yeah if i can remember kalyway 10.5.2 is what i used and il tell you the install i used in the next post!

Thanks, I'm looking forward to that.

I am most interested in properly recognize the X3100 graphic card... I am currently having trouble with that.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
Thanks, I'm looking forward to that.

I am most interested in properly recognize the X3100 graphic card... I am currently having trouble with that.

Cheers!

Hi...,

Did you get it to work?

I have the same laptop and haven't been able to boot into osx after the installation because the screen goes blank...

any suggestions?

HI i was wondering is there anyone here who has got osx86 to work on my laptop

Processor 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 Memory 3,072MB DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz Hard drive 250GB, 5,400rpm Chipset Intel GM965 Express Graphics Intel GMAX3100 (integrated)

I have tryed alot of methods. with kalyway i can boot into leopard with sound,usb everything except for proper video and internet. At the moment iatkos 5i is installed but i get that circle symbol no matter what way i boot. is there anyone then that can suggest a solid way to get video,sound,internet as much as possible reli would be good.

in the past i followed this tutorial but video and internet would not work

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=86600

thanks!

download first switchresx 3.8.6..

try using kalyway 10.5..2....then in CUSTOMIZE under KERNEL choose "vanilla kernel" and in VIDEOCARD choose "INTEL GMAX3100"...then install it....when install finished remove the cd and boot with " -v "..at first you will have a screen 3 layers or something weird,that's fine..fill up all the info.in the internet choose "using DHCP" press continue, and when it say that "you will not connect to the net bla bla" just press okay until you done.....and when you got to your desktop.. go to SYSTEM PREFERENCE/HARDWARE/DISPLAYS/RESOLUTIONS choose "1024x768"..then install switchresx 3.8.6....don't restart it yet when it says......go to SYSTEM PREFERENCE/OTHER/SWITCHRESX click the icon to open switchresx control panel... under RESOLUTION go to CUSTOM click " + " HORIZANTAL = 1280 then VERTICAL = 800.. then click OKAY and SAVE it.. restart your pc and tada you got it working.. for your internet give me your yahoo e-mail address and i'll send it to you.. are you using MARVELL YUKON? if thats the case then your solved. heres my yahoo messenger account "p.ubias@yahoo.com".....i'm waiting for you

Hey people. I have a Toshiba Satellite model A305-S6872. I was wondering if anyone could tell me wat the best and easiest way to install OS X on it is. I have done so before, but it kept crashing. For my first install, I used the Kalyway install. Everything worked fine except the webcam and Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi card is the Intel 5100, which I understand is under development. For my second install, I used iPC. It was even worse, but I didnt have to go through the whole update thing with backing up me Kexts. The ethernet didnt work, sound didnt... etc. On both installs the webcam didnt work. Help would be greatly appreciated. Again my two questions: What is the best way to installl OSx86 on the Toshiba Satellite A305-S6872, and how do I get the webcam to work.

Thanks,

Alibum

• 11 months later...
download first switchresx 3.8.6..

try using kalyway 10.5..2....then in CUSTOMIZE under KERNEL choose "vanilla kernel" and in VIDEOCARD choose "INTEL GMAX3100"...then install it....when install finished remove the cd and boot with " -v "..at first you will have a screen 3 layers or something weird,that's fine..fill up all the info.in the internet choose "using DHCP" press continue, and when it say that "you will not connect to the net bla bla" just press okay until you done.....and when you got to your desktop.. go to SYSTEM PREFERENCE/HARDWARE/DISPLAYS/RESOLUTIONS choose "1024x768"..then install switchresx 3.8.6....don't restart it yet when it says......go to SYSTEM PREFERENCE/OTHER/SWITCHRESX click the icon to open switchresx control panel... under RESOLUTION go to CUSTOM click " + " HORIZANTAL = 1280 then VERTICAL = 800.. then click OKAY and SAVE it.. restart your pc and tada you got it working.. for your internet give me your yahoo e-mail address and i'll send it to you.. are you using MARVELL YUKON? if thats the case then your solved. heres my yahoo messenger account "p.ubias@yahoo.com".....i'm waiting for you

I have the same computer as you a Sony Vaio vgn-nr498e I installed using Kalyway 10.5.2 and booted to a messed up screen I couldn't see anything. I then found a solution on these forums. I had to type boot enabled for it to work. I then installed switchRex and it never would boot into the correct resolution. Also Ethernet doesn't work or wireless G/N. I am gonna build an I5 Hack soon. But I would really like it to work on the Vaio. I have seen where other people get it to work on the same model but they aren't too detailed. I know I need Kexts but I don't know which ones or where to get them. Please help If you have this Laptop. Let me know how you got it to work. Thanks in Advance