DX58S0 Kernel + Kexts?

Mactastic

2 posts in this topic

I've been able to install using iDeneb v.1.4 but after the successful install I get stuck in a reboot loop. I can see the darwin prompt and then a couple of lines of code then the restart happens (right when the apple logo tries to load). I've tried booting with all combinations of "cpuis=1 -v -f -x" but still no luck.

I've tried installing with the vanilla kernel and with the Voodoo 9.5. The graphics card (8800 GTX) is from a previous machine and I've verified that it works with OSx86 (and with this disk of iDeneb). At this point there's no other hardware installed.

I also tried to install via the Boot 132 CD and my retail Leopard disk, but the retail disk reboots at the apple logo, before I can even start the installation.

If there's anyone out there who's been able to get this motherboard to work please tell me what steps you used on install. Also, what are you're BIOS settings, etc.

Here's the equipment I'm trying to work with:

Motherboard: DX58S0

CPU: i7 920 (2.66 GHz)

Graphics: 8800 GTX

Memory: 6GB DDR3 PC1600 (Patriot Viper)

• 9 months later...
I've been able to install using iDeneb v.1.4 but after the successful install I get stuck in a reboot loop. I can see the darwin prompt and then a couple of lines of code then the restart happens (right when the apple logo tries to load). I've tried booting with all combinations of "cpuis=1 -v -f -x" but still no luck.

I've tried installing with the vanilla kernel and with the Voodoo 9.5. The graphics card (8800 GTX) is from a previous machine and I've verified that it works with OSx86 (and with this disk of iDeneb). At this point there's no other hardware installed.

I also tried to install via the Boot 132 CD and my retail Leopard disk, but the retail disk reboots at the apple logo, before I can even start the installation.

If there's anyone out there who's been able to get this motherboard to work please tell me what steps you used on install. Also, what are you're BIOS settings, etc.

Here's the equipment I'm trying to work with:

Motherboard: DX58S0

CPU: i7 920 (2.66 GHz)

Graphics: 8800 GTX

Memory: 6GB DDR3 PC1600 (Patriot Viper)

This thread has all answers, in that I just used it on my dx58s0...

http://www.hackint0sh.org/f217/89617-2.htm