Acer Aspire One 110

michaelkahl

3 posts in this topic

Looking for advice on which OS X flavor to toss on my Acer Aspire One 110 netbook. I just completed a little DIY project so my specs are adjusted and I'll list them below.

Intel Atom N270

1.5GB Ram

60GB HDD (zif connector from old iPod)

Intel 3945abg Wireless NIC

and the rest is pretty much stock.

I upgraded the 8GB SSD to a 60GB drive since I know I'll lose my SDHC cards with this and 8GB is pretty tight for OS X. I am also considering a dual boot with either Windows 7 or Ubuntu. I currently have Ubuntu on there and fully working with my hardware so that's not an issue for me.

I've looked at iPC 10.5.6(haven't downloaded), already have iAtkos 5i, Kalyway 10.5.2, Leo4All 10.5.4. I'll be borrowing an external DVD drive for this but if anyone has any good info on setting up installation from an external hdd it would be appreciated. I've had trouble getting that to work properly.

Thanks

So I learned last night that Intel 3945 drivers are in work, but no luck yet...I'm considering getting a Dell 1490 then or just using a USB. I want to use Ubuntu in this system as well for work reasons so the Intel 3945 is perfect for that.

So I learned last night that Intel 3945 drivers are in work, but no luck yet...I'm considering getting a Dell 1490 then or just using a USB. I want to use Ubuntu in this system as well for work reasons so the Intel 3945 is perfect for that.

After careful consideration and after a ton of reading, I decided to play R2 with my wifes laptop. Fortunately she was gracious. I installed my Atheros AR5007 card in her machine and took the RTL8187B from her laptop and tried it in my Aspire One with the Realtek drivers. It's not detected as airport, but the realtek software connects it to networks just fine.