Installation

cephasara2

4 posts in this topic

So I can't figure out how to install this, but I know as much as that I need to enter something when I see the option to push F8 appears. Sorry to be a noob about things. I downloaded this: http://xxx-install-disc.blogspot.com/2009/...salfinalv2.html (I don't want to give the exact link of what I downloaded in any fears of breaking rules here.)

I couldn't even tell you what it is that I downloaded. Is this what I should be using to install OS X? I wanted the newest version of OS X so I downloaded that one.

If I wait and let it try to boot it the screen ends up turning all black then restarts my computer. So I tried hitting "F8". I hit "?" and read what it had to say. I tried -s -v -x and -F. With -F I actually saw the background load, but then it decided to reset again.

My setup is very new (maybe too new for this).

MS-1651

Mobile Intel PM45 Chipset

Geforce 9600m GT

Core 2 Duo E8135 (aka P9600/T9550 this is an iMac processor actually)

Synaptics Touchpad

Seagate 7200.3 320GB

Intel WiFi 5300

Optiarc DVD-RW

Sorry if I'm leaving anything out, but this really confuses me.. why doesn't it work?? I have basically the same hardware as a new macbook. Is my hardware too new? Do I need some extra driver to boot with my 9600m GT? THANKS GREATLY TO WHOEVER REPLIES

Okay well I couldn't find anything else out about my problem, other than seeing that a few other people ran into the same problem. Well since it's new and all I guess not that many people are familiar with it here.

Now I'm trying "iPC X-DL OSX86 10.5.6 LiveDVD". Hopefully I'll have more luck with this one.

aei: I'm sorry I don't understand what your asking.

This disk didn't work either. I'm really sick of this. I wasted two D9 disks on this. Please anybody help me!! I don't understand this forum either, it has been the hardest to navigate and I don't know what to do. I don't understand the names of these hacks nor do I know where to go to learn about all this. Nothing seems to work on my computer, yet it is almost the spitting image of a mac book pro. I'm almost regretting my time signing up on this forum.