Dual Boot - But how?

2 posts in this topic

Hi there!

First of all: I#m no native speaker (english-wise)

Then: I got a problem with my new osx86-machine. I installed iPC (works fine) and WinXP(jus as well as it can). My PROBLEM is, that I just don't seem to find a way to CHOOSE between those to boot. I know for sure that both of them work, 'cause through differnt ways (terminal in OSX86) i can boot either of them and they work. All I need now is a Bootloader who lets me choose ...

I installed Chameleon but ... nothing really changed.

So anybody of you who got an idea i'ld be really glad ...

So long

Hi there!

First of all: I#m no native speaker (english-wise)

Then: I got a problem with my new osx86-machine. I installed iPC (works fine) and WinXP(jus as well as it can). My PROBLEM is, that I just don't seem to find a way to CHOOSE between those to boot. I know for sure that both of them work, 'cause through differnt ways (terminal in OSX86) i can boot either of them and they work. All I need now is a Bootloader who lets me choose ...

I installed Chameleon but ... nothing really changed.

So anybody of you who got an idea i'ld be really glad ...

So long

i guess ur problem is easy... just use EasyBCD (google it) on ur windows xp, however, there is something u will have to do before using this software. Since this software uses Vista bootloader, u will have to copy the "boot" folder from the Windows folder from any pc running vista to ur XP Windows folder. Meaning u will have the following on ur XP partition (C:\Windows\boot). After that u open the EasyBCD, it will ask u that it will do some repair for the boot folder, u click ok. after it finishes u can then use the software easily. U then go the Add/View entries, delete the Vista shown there, and add XP, then add another one for MAC... then everything will go just fine...

OZ