Asus G50vt-x1 Can't get Leo to install

xbxhkz

5 posts in this topic

I have an Asus G50vt-X1 and I have tried IDeneb and IAtkos Loeo to try and install on here and I cant figure out the settins for the life of me. Has anyone been successful at installing on one of these? If so please tell me the settings i need to use, etc! I am at a complete loss here.

I have almost the same specs as you on my laptop. Except a P9600, 9600m GT, and a single 320GB disk drive. I think it must be something to do with the newer chipset on these.

What problem do you have? Does it keep restarting no matter if you try -x -s -v or -F? That's my problem. I can see the white background screen with the apple logo for less than a second if I try -F, otherwise anything else just restarts my computer. It's too bad because these machines are more than capable of running OS X. I have not been able to find any guide, related problem, or anything on this site addressing any problem like this. This forum has not been too friendly :). But if I hear anything I'll let you know!

What have you tried to install? iPC OSx86 10.5.6? I might try iATKOS 10.5.5 here soon. Maybe something older even. I have an older Kaylaway 10.5.1 disk I might try too.

I have almost the same specs as you on my laptop. Except a P9600, 9600m GT, and a single 320GB disk drive. I think it must be something to do with the newer chipset on these.

What problem do you have? Does it keep restarting no matter if you try -x -s -v or -F? That's my problem. I can see the white background screen with the apple logo for less than a second if I try -F, otherwise anything else just restarts my computer. It's too bad because these machines are more than capable of running OS X. I have not been able to find any guide, related problem, or anything on this site addressing any problem like this. This forum has not been too friendly :blink:. But if I hear anything I'll let you know!

What have you tried to install? iPC OSx86 10.5.6? I might try iATKOS 10.5.5 here soon. Maybe something older even. I have an older Kaylaway 10.5.1 disk I might try too.

I have tried every distro out there and none work. With iAtkos 10.5.5 I can get it to the apple logo with -v -f but it just freezes and does nothing. Have you came any further yet?

I have tried every distro out there and none work. With iAtkos 10.5.5 I can get it to the apple logo with -v -f but it just freezes and does nothing. Have you came any further yet?

Nope no luck for me either. Maybe it's something that will be fixed in a newer release. I feel like it's a simple problem that is preventing it from installing, but I know nothing about this.

I tried iPC 10.5.6 on my old Toshiba Satellite A105-S4201 (at least 3 years old) and it worked. I hit nothing and it loaded strait up and I installed it and everything. Oh well. I was thinking about trying iAtkos 10.5.5 but if it didn't work for you I may not bother.. Do you know what other versions are out there?