Help me install Leopard on Dell Studio XSP 16

t3mur

3 posts in this topic

Greeting to all. I love apple and its products, and especially its computer OS, MAC OSX! I don't know what happened I think I was extremely high and I ended up ordering a DELL XPS STUDIO 16" from dell because it has a 1080p resolution and its perfect when i connect it to my HDTV.

I hate windows vista and I hope you guys would help me install mac os x leopard on my laptop. Preferably 10.5.6.

SO far, iPC 10.5.6 Final release won't even boot up, it was stuck on the apple logo on a white screen for like 10 mins before i decided to give up.

iDeneb 10.5.6 booted up and I installed it with configuration very close to mine, but after finishing the installation I got the "dead os" screen.. you know where it displays a message in few different languages.. claiming that you should hold down the power button and restart because you're f*cked.

HELP!

I need to install mac os on this laptop or i will give it to someone for free like fo realz yall! (britney... get it? :( )

Oh here is the specs of the computer.

XPS 1640, Intel Core 2 Duo P8700(2.53GHz/1066Mhz FSB/3M L2 Cache)

Obsidian Black High Gloss Finish with Leather XPS 1640

4GB, DDR3, 1067 MHz 2 Dimm forXPS 1640

16.0 inch Wide Screen 16:9 1080p FullHD RGBLED LCD W/2.0 MP, XPS 1640

ATI Mobility RADEON HD 3670 - 512MB

320GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive

Microsoft Windows Vista with SP1 Home Premium Edition 64-bit Edition English

8X DVD+/-RW Slot Load Drive for XPS1640

PS graphics, wifi and sound are the main things i hope will work afterward.

Thank you nerds! without you guys I would die watching Oprah.

• 2 months later...

Hey, I was wondering if you got leopard working yet on the Dell Studio XPS 16.

Have you had any chance to install it and see if the graphics and wifi worked?

I want to get this laptop, and it would be really cool if we could get leopard running on it?

I might be able to help with problems if you have any, or whenever you actually install mac

Thanks and let me know

• 2 months later...