Emachine AMD T3410 network support

jeffpolo

3 posts in this topic

Howdy all! I have successfully installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and Leopard AMD 10.5 on my eMachine. Have audio, graphic everything working great and I love it. I'm absolutely stumped on getting internal ethernet working. I have tried the following wireless: Belkin G PCI 7000, Linksys PCI WMP54G and Dlink USB WUA-230. All drivers for these models from google searches load and the wireless utility shows up, but no devices found is always the end result. Any ideas out there?

Howdy all! I have successfully installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and Leopard AMD 10.5 on my eMachine. Have audio, graphic everything working great and I love it. I'm absolutely stumped on getting internal ethernet working. I have tried the following wireless: Belkin G PCI 7000, Linksys PCI WMP54G and Dlink USB WUA-230. All drivers for these models from google searches load and the wireless utility shows up, but no devices found is always the end result. Any ideas out there?

Have Linksys WUSB54GC working in safe mode only. In safe mode, the audio no longer works. Audio works fine in normal boot while Linksys never works. Anyone have ideas out there?

here is what I'm doing to get around the issue...

Before I shut down or reboot -->

Delete extensions.mkext and immediately hit the power switch before it rebuilds automatically.

Total pain and probably not the best thing for the OS and hardware, but it works every time.