PC Restarts before install, iPC 10.5.6

risto

5 posts in this topic

after pressing F8, options -v, -f and -x get me as far as a few lines, then PC restarts, cpus=1 -v -f -x get me as far as the second screen with loading some files, and pretty much immediately it freezes... any chance of getting it to work?

my PC is :Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200, Chipset:Intel Bearlake G31, NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT(512MB), HDD SATA II, x86, x86-64, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1

I get the same problem here. It flashes the boot screen (with the grey apple logo in the center) and the system just resets. Happens with the Live DVD, vanilla iPC, and iPC + the latest PPF patch.

Hardware:

i7 920 @ 3.6

EVGA X58 Motherboard

NVIDIA 8600 GTS

VelociRaptor SATA II

6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3

Is it possible that the iPC and other cracked mac versions don't support the newer systems? That would be crappy. I was hoping i could give all of my 600 gigs of hard disk to the best ass-kicking OS ever

Is it possible that the iPC and other cracked mac versions don't support the newer systems? That would be crappy. I was hoping i could give all of my 600 gigs of hard disk to the best ass-kicking OS ever

iPC's release sucks from my experience, I can't get an install because of SATA issues on an NFORCE 6 MB, however iDeneb 1.4 got to the apple logo screen for me, iPC just reboots as soon as it tries to load its boot loader (darwin) there is no chance at writing down the exact message, it flashes off the screen too quickly.

All and all I'd say their distro is {censored} based on that one little fact.

This happened with their nforce patch applied as well. No change, exact same thing.