ACPI Help

Eli Mor

1 post in this topic

I wouldn't tire you with the story of taking me 2 days to find the perfect combination of burner and media to get the Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso image burned correctly, so the install will continue past the essentials.

I'm able to complete the install, but when the computer restarts, I get the gray screen with the apple icon, and a Panic Error: "Unable to find driver for this platform: ACPI"

I've tried:

1. - Fresh install with the -x -v platform=x86pc switches
  2. - Fresh install with the -v platform=AACPI switches
  3. - to follow the instruction on this thread, but the last command (kextcache -k /Volumes/YourDriveName/System/Library/Extensions) fails, idicating that /tmp/com.apple.kextcache.KU is write protected
  4. - I get sudo: no such command error, when I use the termianl utility in the install disk

I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop (based on this list it's supported in the 10.4.8 version), and i've tryied to disable the hyper-threading in the bios. I've updated the Bios to the latest version (2.10), but I don't have any other parameters that are related to ACPI that I can play with.

My next step is to try this thread but i'm kind of stuck on how to get the .dmg file copied to a media that I can use with Mac OS and windows.

I'm trying to understand if it's possible to use the temporary kextcache from the ram drive, and copy it to the HD Drive volume, but I can't find where that cache is located, and how I can copy it (I can't find the file in the kextcache -k error, indicated above)

I will truly appreciate any tip that can direct me to get over this hurdle. I realize there are alot of threads to look into, and I believe I've done my part of trying most of evertything before resorting to another thread on the same issue.

Many Thanks!

Update: Tried This suggestion and it failed miserably. Now I don't even get the gray window. It keeps restarting. I've updated with the 10.4.8 Combo for Intel.

Is there any other image that can work with Toshiba P25-S509 beside 10.4.8?