Custom Install DVD?

CloudX

4 posts in this topic

Hello, Ive had some success installing osx for the first time. And It seems like all my hardware is compatible, however I have a question. Is it possible to create a custom installation disc? I have found iPCs osx86 install disc to have all my drivers pre packaged, however I cannot get this running no matter what kernel I use. kalyway's install disc works flawlessly everytime, but does not contain working drivers for my NIC and sound. I tried to install the kexts manually and bombed the system. Any info would be appreciated. I don't know why this is so addicting. I guess booting osX on my PC the first time even though it was crippled was pretty exciting.

I'm in class at the moment so I can't dig deep, but there is a program called KextHelper that will installed the kernel extensions for you automatically. You simply drop the .kext file on top of it and supply your password then install. Reboot and hope it works. If the system bombs after that then I'm guessing it's not the right .kext for your system, but if that were the case I would think it just wouldn't work.

Good luck, and if you don't find it I'll see if I can dig up a link.

Ive installed the nforce lan drivers from a kext (with kext helper) i found on here through searching and after a reboot nothing happened, but it hasnt killed the os. it didnt shutdown properly but i was so frustrated I just turned it off and got the heck out of the house. :( Now I havent tried the audio one. my lan shows up as cable unplugged, but the router doesnt see the pc and the lights on the rj45 in the back arent lighting up on osx. so thats not initialized im assuming. pretty frustrating. im afraid if I try the sound card (alc888) drivers it will cause the system not to boot properly again.

• 5 weeks later...