Finder problem found... Did it happen with you too?

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys..

I'm using 10.5.6 iPC and everything works flawless.. i never had for example a kernel panic..

but when i go to the finder preferences it doesn't open...

when i click on finder>preferences the finder restarts and i'm not able to acess the preferences menu..

did you experience the same issue?

hiho!

if you're using a language pack, e.g. german, then it can caused by the "objects.xib". just search for it on your ipc dvd and reinstall the file. pacifist should be your friend here.

if that one is not working for you, you should test the behavior with set up english language.

so long, finster.

hiho!

no problem. i've needed 3 weeks to figure out the root cause of the issue :| ... fortunately then there was a good hint on a german forum about it.

additional advice for less experienced users:

search for the "objects.xib" within the finder.app ("System/Library/CoreService") and go to "Contents/Resources/German.lproj/Preferences.nib". of course you've to replace "german" with your selected language.

finally if the "object.xib" from your install dvd (ipc for me) is not working anyway then you have to use one from a retail dvd. that one will work definitely if there nothing else completely wrong ...

so long, finster.