Bad virtual Windows performance in VMWare.

4 posts in this topic

I got Windows working on VMWare Fusion and it has really bad performance. I was wondering if anyone else has good performance. I assigned 2 virtual processors and 1.5GB for virtual Windows and still lags. My CPU is a quad-core X4 9550 and 4GB PC6400.

Funny that Ubuntu on Windows as host works pretty good. When trying to install iDeneb 10.5.5 on Windows host, it froze during installation.

I've used VMWare fusion on a Pentium 4 and a Dual Core before, both with 2 gigs of RAM. Running Windows XP. It worked great. Everything was basically native speed, except of course you can't play games.

But I did get Winamp visualisations - Milkdrop - working, albeit at a lower frame rate...

I've used VMWare fusion on a Pentium 4 and a Dual Core before, both with 2 gigs of RAM. Running Windows XP. It worked great. Everything was basically native speed, except of course you can't play games.

But I did get Winamp visualisations - Milkdrop - working, albeit at a lower frame rate...

Forgot to mention that it is Windows Vista Ultimate. And I am running Vista from Boot Camp Partition. will try to install Vista in different virtual window.

Go to my genius bar topic. Chances are you have the same audio device as me. ALC268. If not try searching ALC and download all the various drivers and figure out what works for you. Or google your laptop make and search "audio working" and "osx86".

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=156546

I can't even get VMWare Fusion to run another OS! It freezes my system. How did you get it up and running?