OSX stalls out on blank, gray screen.

SaderBiscut

2 posts in this topic

I'm considering this a install issue because it has yet to actually boot properly (at all), but the install process seemingly went fine.

After installing OSX 10.5.6, upon booting it will seem to finish the initial loading stage?, and it will get past the loading Apple screen, or the console mode if I startup in -v, however it will then just go to a blank blue-gray screen which will appear to be doing nothing at all.  After about five-ten minutes, the moniter switches (resolution change?) and it goes to a blank gray screen.  It then goes to sleep after 10-20 minutes of being on the gray screen.

Safemode dosen't end up any diffrently.  I tried disabling Audio and Networking in BIOS, but it made not diffrence either.

I've been using iPC 10.5.6 FINAL..

Hardware:

-Athlon 64 X2 5200+

-2GB DDR800x1

-MSI GeForce 8800GTS 320MB

-Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2

--NForce 430

--Realtek ALC662 Audio

--Realtek 8201 PHY Lan

-Sony Optiarc DVD 'everything' burner, only device on the motherboard's sole IDE channel, set to master.

-Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATAII Harddrive, Partitioned 45/45/40/2GB/100GB (XP, OSX, Ubuntu, Ubuntu Swap, storage partition), changing OSX from the second partition to the first didn't make any diffrence.

Selected KTexts:

-Voodoo Kernel, I forget the version number.

-NVInject 320MB

-Realtek ALC662 Audio driver

-Realtek Realtek 1000 ? LAN driver

-PS/2 Keyboard Fix

Any ideas?  It's probably something trivial (like everything else), but I'm stumped.  All the searches for 'gray screen' seem to have to do with the gray Apple screen, which I would like to stress, isn't my problem.