Drivers..

Timmy10

4 posts in this topic

Hi there!

I'm trying to run a OSX86 system, 10.5.6 on my pc, but I can't figure out what drivers to use.

I've had a 10.5.2 system running in the past with kalyway, but I can't find a newer version than 10.5.6, so I downloaded a xXx distribution.

But now come's my question.

I can't figure out what drivers to use! There are so many :P

My system is:

Intel Q6600 (Wednesday downgraded to E6600, money :( )

Asus P5KC

DDR2, Reapers 2GB 667mhz

Samsung WD F1 320 GB

Asus 7600GT 265MB

Does anybody knows what drivers to use?

Thank you very much!

Oh, I want to have 10.5.6 because I want to start develop iPhone app's.

Damn the new layout is tight!

Hey, i'm new to this stuff myself but i'll give you a few pointers. Firstly which distro did you use? if it was ideneb then i know for sure that it has a large selection of drivers available during installation and i'm sure the same gos for iaktos. After you select a hard drive to install to and you are ready to click install there is a costumise option on the left.

For video drivers you'll probably want select to nvKush, that worked for me but i'm using an 8800gt. It should work for you too but perhaps you might need to use nvinjector or somthing else, just be sure to only select one and remove the other before trying a new one.

If your audio isn't working then install the driver for your motherboards audio chip. The p5kc has an ALC 883 chip.

If you dont want to install the os again then just poke about this website and you'll find the drivers you need, you'll also need ktext helper to install them which i've attached.

hope i've been some help.

Kext_Helper_b7.zip

Hey, i'm new to this stuff myself but i'll give you a few pointers. Firstly which distro did you use? if it was ideneb then i know for sure that it has a large selection of drivers available during installation and i'm sure the same gos for iaktos. After you select a hard drive to install to and you are ready to click install there is a costumise option on the left.

For video drivers you'll probably want select to nvKush, that worked for me but i'm using an 8800gt. It should work for you too but perhaps you might need to use nvinjector or somthing else, just be sure to only select one and remove the other before trying a new one.

If your audio isn't working then install the driver for your motherboards audio chip. The p5kc has an ALC 883 chip.

If you dont want to install the os again then just poke about this website and you'll find the drivers you need, you'll also need ktext helper to install them which i've attached.

hope i've been some help.

Thanx for the help! I will be trying it again this weekend.

The problem were I ran in was, that my pc wouldn't boot, it hangd on my computer name, which told me it was a problem with the grafix drivers, but I will try nvKush.